A reminder that pupils should not attend school, if any of the following is applicable:
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- you’ve tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus
- you live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms or tested positive
- you’re told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- you arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk – see GOV.UK: how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK
Our risk assessment has a number of strict controls in place to ensure the health and safety of pupils and staff, including an enhanced daily cleaning regime carried out by members of our site team.
When in school, pupils should continue to follow the HANDS, SPACE, FACE message from Public Health England. We have hand sanitiser in all areas of the school, including classrooms. Pupils are told to sanitise/wash their hands thoroughly and regularly throughout the school day.
As parents are aware, pupils are in separate year-group bubbles throughout the school day and face coverings/masks must be worn in all communal areas in school, unless exempt.
I understand that parents and carers may be concerned, but we are continuing to work closely with the local authority Public Health team to ensure that the current guidance for educational settings is being followed, and we have all practical measures in place to ensure the health and safety of our pupils and staff.
Mr D R Thompson