NCFE CACHE Level 2 Technical Award in Child Development and Care in the Early Years
What will I study?
This qualification will promote the learner’s understanding of children (birth to 5 years) and will focus on:
- holistic child development
- factors that influence a child’s development
- care routines and activities to support a child
- regulation, policies, and procedures in the early years
- expectations of an early years practitioner
- roles and responsibilities within early years settings
- the importance of observations in early years childcare
- the purpose of planning in early years childcare
What skills will I learn?
Learners will develop the following skills that will inform future training and work in the early years sector:
- decision making
- problem solving
- interpersonal skills
- professional behaviours
- respect and appreciation of others
- an ability to reflect upon their preferred learning style and identify relevant study skills
Key Stage 4
How will I be assessed?
- 50% of the course is an externally set, internally marked synoptic project.
- 50% of the course is an externally set and externally marked exam.
This will give an overall grade at pass, merit, distinction or distinction*
Learners will be able to progress to further relevant Level 2 programmes of study or Level 3 programmes of study including Early Years, Childcare and Education or a T Level programme in Education and Childcare – allowing for entry into the workforce and higher education.
Learners may also progress to an apprenticeship route in early years or the childcare sector at either Level 2 or Level 3.
All these routes will support progression into a variety of occupations including early years practitioners, early years educators and teaching assistants.