• Work will be made available via Microsoft Teams.
• All pupils have had tutorials on how to access the key online platforms, including Microsoft Teams and SharePoint. Please see the guide below.
• We recognise that individual circumstances may vary, but all pupils will be required to complete work, whether this is online or via paper copies. The government has made it clear that this is not an extended holiday.
• Work will be provided for pupils for each subject area, according to their timetable, via Microsoft Teams and SharePoint. Where possible, teaching staff will be available for questions and support during the subject allocated timetable period.
• Where a pupil is not able to access teacher input at the scheduled time of their lesson, they will still be able to access the lesson resources via their Microsoft Teams account at a different time and will be expected to do so.
• Pupils will be required to submit work online, where this is possible, to enable teachers to provide feedback. It will not always be possible for feedback to be provided immediately. However, staff will endeavour to provide feedback via Microsoft Teams or Email.
• We understand that individual family circumstances will vary. If your child does not have access to an electronic device, such as a laptop, tablet or mobile phone, we will provide paper-based copies of the work required. This can be collected from reception by someone who is not isolating. Collection from school will by appointment only. If the household is isolating, we will make arrangements for work to be posted. Please contact your child’s pastoral team using the year group emails below. Please ensure that you put your child’s name and year group in the subject box.
Year 7 queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 8 queries email email@example.com
Year 9 queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 10 queries email email@example.com
Year 11 queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Data Offer
The Department for Education (Government) have introduced an offer to increase mobile data allowances for children and young people to allow them to access the internet to complete their remote learning.
Who can get help?
This scheme is open to children and young people who:
- don’t have access to a fixed broadband connection
- cannot afford the additional data needed to access educational resources or social care services
- have access to a mobile device that uses a participating network
- are facing disruption to their face-to-face education, or have been advised not to attend school
- Account holders with monthly contracts need to be over the age of 18.
What information will we need to collect?
To request extra mobile data, we will need the following information to forward to the DfE:
- the account holder’s name
- mobile number (a number beginning with ‘07’)
- mobile network
- whether you pay monthly or pay as you go
How do I apply?
If you are eligible to apply simply complete this form with your account details.
South Tyneside LA will only collate this information in order to send to the DfE and will delete the information by 31st July 2021. The DfE are the data handler. The DfE will then pass on your details to the appropriate service provider.
The mobile network operator will use that information to increase the data available for the account holder’s mobile device, as long as you qualify for the offer. If you do not agree to your data being held by the DfE please do not complete the form.
Then what happens?
You will be contacted by the service provider within the time stated to confirm that your data allowance has been updated. Please do not contact the school or the LA with queries on this scheme, get in touch with your provider directly if you have any questions.
Which networks are taking part in the scheme?
EE, Sky Mobile, Smarty, Tesco Mobile, Three, Virgin Mobile and O2.
IT Support and Help Guide
Office 365 apps including emails
These can be accessed from the following link https://www.office.com/?auth=2&home=1 with your school email address and normal log on password.
You can download and access the full office suite on your home computer, tablet or phone by clicking on the button install office.
When it installs you will need to log into office with your school email address and password.
Could the parent or carer please send an email to email@example.com with the email address we have on record with your full name and we will respond with a new password. Or send via MCAS Parent App.
Teams is available via office 365 on the web. By students logging onto their emails and clicking on the waffle (nine dots) in the top left hand corner and clicking on the Teams button. This may be slow to run depending on the amount of memory and or browser being used. It is advisable to download the app for your computer, tablet or phone from the following link.
This can be accessed via office 365 on the web by clicking on the waffle or there is a mobile app. https://products.office.com/en-gb/sharepoint/mobile-app
Students have to sign up for an account themselves from the following link
They will need to provide their information as correct in our management information system. This will mean their legal full name not preferred name.
Password Reset Link
Pupils should all have their own account.
If they have not they should sign up for themselves with their school email address. Then teachers can add them to a tracking class. They may have already sent a link to pupils, pupils should check their school email account.
Password Reset Link
Username is your school email address
Password is what you set, you should have received an email, please check junk folder or other inbox.
Institution Code is sg6
Click the “Trouble Logging in ?” Then put your school email address in and click “Reset Password”
Username is the pupils school email address.
Password is what the pupil has set as a password. If you haven’t set your account up yet you should have an email from dynamic learning. It may be in your junk folder or other inbox.
School ID is 17527
Password Reset Link
Click the “Forgotten Login Details?” at the bottom of the box and put your school email address in.
Username is the pupil’s email address.
Password was emailed to pupils.
Password Reset Link